I love the classic 7 layer salad and I love veggies so I just kept adding more ingredients and now it's an 11 layer salad. I made it for Thanksgiving one year and it was the talk of the party and gobbled up fast. I have been told this is the best layer salad recipe ever and I am asked to bring it to all holiday dinners. I think the double layering is the key. This makes a big salad!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (340.19-510.29 g) bag fancy lettuce (I use one bag American blend and one bag of fancy lettuce like romaine or even spinach works great)
- 453.59 g bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 small red onion (diced, can substitute green onions if desired)
- 170.09-226.79 bagg frozen peas (thawed)
- 1 small green pepper (diced)
- 473.18 ml fresh cauliflower (cut into bite size pieces)
- 473.18 ml fresh broccoli (cut into bite size pieces)
- 236.59 ml fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- cherry tomatoes
- 14.79 ml italian seasoning
- 709.77 ml mayonnaise or 709.77 ml Miracle Whip
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 1Cook, drain, and crumble bacon.
- 2Mix mayonnaise and sugar until blended; set aside.
- 3Cut onions, pepper, cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms into bite size pieces.
- 4In large 9x13-inch pan begin making your layers.
- 5Start with half of the lettuce.
- 6Layer with half of the mayonnaise mixture.
- 7Layer with half of the onions, peppers, cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms, shredded cheese, bacon, and peas.
- 8Repeat this layering process one more time.
- 9Top with cherry tomatoes cut in half.
- 10Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- 11Allow to set and cool in refrigerator before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 11 Layer Salad
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 957.6
- Calories from Fat 664
- Total Fat 73.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 82.0 mg
- Sodium 1545.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 34.2 g
- Protein 14.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: