Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love the classic 7 layer salad and I love veggies so I just kept adding more ingredients and now it's an 11 layer salad. I made it for Thanksgiving one year and it was the talk of the party and gobbled up fast. I have been told this is the best layer salad recipe ever and I am asked to bring it to all holiday dinners. I think the double layering is the key. This makes a big salad!
- 2 (340.19-510.29 g) bagfancy lettuce (I use one bag American blend and one bag of fancy lettuce like romaine or even spinach works great)
- 453.59 g bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 small red onion (diced, can substitute green onions if desired)
- 170.09-226.79 g bag frozen peas (thawed)
- 1 small green pepper (diced)
- 473.18 ml fresh cauliflower (cut into bite size pieces)
- 473.18 ml fresh broccoli (cut into bite size pieces)
- 236.59 ml fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- cherry tomatoes
- 14.79 ml italian seasoning
- 709.77 ml mayonnaise or 709.77 ml Miracle Whip
- 158.51 ml sugar
- Cook, drain, and crumble bacon.
- Mix mayonnaise and sugar until blended; set aside.
- Cut onions, pepper, cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms into bite size pieces.
- In large 9x13-inch pan begin making your layers.
- Start with half of the lettuce.
- Layer with half of the mayonnaise mixture.
- Layer with half of the onions, peppers, cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms, shredded cheese, bacon, and peas.
- Repeat this layering process one more time.
- Top with cherry tomatoes cut in half.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Allow to set and cool in refrigerator before serving.
I enjoyed this salad with dinner tonight. I served it with Artichoke Hearts Au Gratin for a nice light supper. Thanks Melly!