Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Home Cookin' With Dave's Mom. This is from David Letterman's Mom and she only served this for special occasions with a Bordelaise Mushroom Sauce.
- Remove meat from refrigerator.
- Rub garlic cloves on tenderloin and season (NO SALT) with minced herbs.
- Allow it to sit for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F. with the broiler pan in the oven.
- Place tenderloin on pan and reduce heat to 375 degrees F. for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat again to 325 degrees F. for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and tent with foil. Let the meat "rest" for 20 minutes -- then slice.