Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have been making these for yours and have never once heard anything but compliments. The recipe is so simple that I feel bad keeping it a secret, so here it is. Great over mashed potatoes or rice for dinner and also wonderful for appetizers served as is. Easily double, triple, etc. the quantity, I've made these for over a hundred people and many size groups in between.
For the meatballs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 3⁄4 ounces swedish meatball seasoning, mix
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped very fine
- salt & pepper
For the sauce
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄4 ounces beefy onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 10 3⁄4 ounces milk (1 soup can)
- 5 1⁄4 ounces water (1/2 soup can)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all of the meatball ingredients in large bowl until well mixed. Shape into small balls and place on buttered casserole dish in single layer. Bake until lightly browned on bottom of balls then stir around and bake a few minutes longer until firm. Time will depend on the size of the balls. approximately 20 minutes to 1/2 hour.
- While the meat is baking, put all Sauce ingredients in large pot and simmer. When the meatballs are finished baking, carefully scoop them out with a slotted spoon and put into sauce. Gently stir until well coated and heated through. At this point you can serve immediately or put in Crockpot for a party and keep them warm on a low setting. Enjoy!
I chose this recipe because it is similar to one I make already that we all love. We enjoyed this over brown rice. I adjusted the seasonings a bit to reduce amount of msg. Great home made dinner for a cool autumn eve. Thanks! (PAC, Fall,2007)