Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe came from King Arthur Flour, its wonderful, the molasses really add to the rich flavor.
Make and share this Applesauce Cake recipe from Food.com.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the oil, eggs, molasses and applesauce till smooth.
- Add the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- beat till smooth.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased and floured 9x13 in baking pan.
- Place cake in a preheated 375 degree oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until it tests done.
- Remove and cool completely ona wire rack.
- Just before serving dust with powdered sugar.
Very good cake! I agree that it gets better the day after its baked. I did used a 1/4 less sugar and would do that again. I think I'll add nuts and raisins next time. I topped the cake with an applesauce cream cheese frosting. Thanks for posting the recipe.
It definitely came out moist and rich! The flavors of the spices and molasses reminded me of a carrot cake. Next time, I may try cutting back on the sugar, just a little bit.
Moist, rich, delicious - not overly sweet. I too used fresh grated nutmeg. You can throw this one together in just a few quick minutes. Highly recommended!