Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This ham has a wonderful flavor thanks to a sweet apricot glaze. Recipe is from Woman's Day.
Make and share this Apricot-Glazed Smoked Ham recipe from Food.com.
- Position oven rack in bottom third of oven; heat to 3250 degrees; you'll need a shallow roasting pan.
- Cut off thick rind on ham to expose the fat layer underneath, leaving about 5 inches of the rind intact covering the narrow shank end.
- Using sharp knife, score fat in diamond pattern.
- Press 1 clove into center of each diamond.
- Place ham in roasting pan; pour water in pan.
- Cover loosely with heavy-duty foil.
- Roast ham 1 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, mix glaze ingredients.
- Remove ham from oven; brush with one-third of glaze.
- Continue to bake, uncovered 1 hour, brushing with remaining glaze every 20 minutes, or until internal temperature registers 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Let ham rest 20 minutes.
- Transfer to platter.
- Serve ham hot, warm or at room temperature.
- Plan ahead: Let ham come to room temperature, covered about 2 hours before baking.
- This will serve 8, with leftovers.