3 hrs 35 mins
This ham has a wonderful flavor thanks to a sweet apricot glaze. Recipe is from Woman's Day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 -10 lb) bone-in smoked ham (preferably shank end of ready-to-cook ham half)
- whole cloves
- 3 cups water
- 1Position oven rack in bottom third of oven; heat to 3250 degrees; you'll need a shallow roasting pan.
- 2Cut off thick rind on ham to expose the fat layer underneath, leaving about 5 inches of the rind intact covering the narrow shank end.
- 3Using sharp knife, score fat in diamond pattern.
- 4Press 1 clove into center of each diamond.
- 5Place ham in roasting pan; pour water in pan.
- 6Cover loosely with heavy-duty foil.
- 7Roast ham 1 1/2 hours.
- 8Meanwhile, mix glaze ingredients.
- 9Remove ham from oven; brush with one-third of glaze.
- 10Continue to bake, uncovered 1 hour, brushing with remaining glaze every 20 minutes, or until internal temperature registers 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
- 11Let ham rest 20 minutes.
- 12Transfer to platter.
- 13Serve ham hot, warm or at room temperature.
- 14Plan ahead: Let ham come to room temperature, covered about 2 hours before baking.
- 15This will serve 8, with leftovers.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot-Glazed Smoked Ham
Serving Size: 1 (725 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1097.3
- Calories from Fat 476
- Total Fat 52.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 312.4 mg
- Sodium 7872.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 28.7 g
- Protein 105.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
stone ground dijon mustard