Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an old family recipe. My Mother used to just add pementos and salad dressing to the macaroni. My Aunt is the one that came up with the dressing that perked it up. Not health smart but colorfull for holidays and you either love it or can't stand it. Of course our family loves it.
- Mix sugar& mustard.
- Add vinegar.
- bring to a boil remove from heat.
- Mix egg& flour with a little water.
- Slowly stir into hot mixture.
- Be careful not to curdle, strain if you do.
- Pour over macaroni.
- Add pimentos.
- cool then add a little cubed sharp cheese and cut up sweet pickles if desired.
- Dressing ingredients may be put in blender and mixed then cook until it comes to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly.
Nice mac salad. I did use the gherkin but not the cheese. It was easy to make and was a great side for our burgers. Thanks for sharing. Made for What's on the Menu tag.