This is an old family recipe. My Mother used to just add pementos and salad dressing to the macaroni. My Aunt is the one that came up with the dressing that perked it up. Not health smart but colorfull for holidays and you either love it or can't stand it. Of course our family loves it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix sugar& mustard.
- 2Add vinegar.
- 3bring to a boil remove from heat.
- 4Mix egg& flour with a little water.
- 5Slowly stir into hot mixture.
- 6Be careful not to curdle, strain if you do.
- 7Pour over macaroni.
- 8Add pimentos.
- 9cool then add a little cubed sharp cheese and cut up sweet pickles if desired.
- 10Dressing ingredients may be put in blender and mixed then cook until it comes to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aunt Louise Macaroni Salad
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.8
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 83.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 25.5 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: