A great way to bring the summer fruits into the holiday season!
Make and share this Bachelor's Brandy recipe from Food.com.
- Place the berries in a 1 quart glass container, being careful not to crush the fruit.
- Add the sugar and the vanilla bean.
- Fill the container with the brandy.
- Seal the lid and gently shake the jar, or move it around the counter to distribute the alcohol and sugar evenly.
- The sugar will continue to dissolve over time.
- Place the cordial in a cool, dark place for 2 months to allow the liquor to be infused with the flavor.
- Jump start the process by placing the container on a sunny windowsill for the 1st two weeks.
- The fluctuating temperatures of the daytime sun and the cool evenings will speed the flavor infusion.
I'm reviewing this on faith and looks. It looks just lovely and I can't wait until the fermenting period goes by so I can try it! I'll edit this once I try it
i started this yesterday and i can't wait!!!! yum it sounds amazing!!!! i have tried your plum brandy and am now just recovering from my hangover lol. 2 months!!! just in time for the High Holidays, not a bad thing.
It's gorgeous! 5 stars on faith, since it will take at least two months before tasting. I suspect the flavor easily will match the appearance. I did prepare it out of order...so I may have overdone the berries and underdone the brandy, but I have no problem with that. THANKS for posting.