1/6 Photos of Bed and Breakfast Cranberry Biscuits
These are a favorite at Hidden Falls, a Canadian Bed and Breakfast in Canmore, Alberta. They stay soft and moist!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt (or vanilla or other flavored yogurt-orange would be good!)
- 1 egg
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup cranberries, halved (you can use craisins, do not chop them but real cranberries give more bite)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 orange, rind of, grated
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (to garnish)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (to garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 375*F.
- 2Combine yogurt and egg in a small bowl. Set aside.
- 3In large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in margarine until it looks like small peas.
- 4Stir in cranberries (or craisins), sugar and orange rind.
- 5Add yogurt/egg mix and stir to a soft dough. (it may seem a bit dry, but be careful about adding extra yogurt as it goes wet very easily).
- 6Roll or pat on floured surface to 3/4 inch thick, and then cut in circles, place on parchment paper on ungreased cookie sheet and bake 15-20 minutes.
- 7While still warm, brush tops with melted butter and dust with powdered sugar. Serve them with butter and jams on the side. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bed and Breakfast Cranberry Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (958 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2954.1
- Calories from Fat 1152
- Total Fat 128.0 g
- Saturated Fat 39.3 g
- Cholesterol 270.9 mg
- Sodium 4676.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 404.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.9 g
- Sugars 129.1 g
- Protein 49.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, rind of