These are a favorite at Hidden Falls, a Canadian Bed and Breakfast in Canmore, Alberta. They stay soft and moist!
- 177.44 ml plain yogurt (or vanilla or other flavored yogurt-orange would be good!)
- 1 egg
- 650.62 ml flour
- 19.71 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml cranberries, halved (you can use craisins, do not chop them but real cranberries give more bite)
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 1 orange, rind of, grated
- 29.58 ml melted butter (to garnish)
- 29.58 ml powdered sugar (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Combine yogurt and egg in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in margarine until it looks like small peas.
- Stir in cranberries (or craisins), sugar and orange rind.
- Add yogurt/egg mix and stir to a soft dough. (it may seem a bit dry, but be careful about adding extra yogurt as it goes wet very easily).
- Roll or pat on floured surface to 3/4 inch thick, and then cut in circles, place on parchment paper on ungreased cookie sheet and bake 15-20 minutes.
- While still warm, brush tops with melted butter and dust with powdered sugar. Serve them with butter and jams on the side. Enjoy!