5 hrs 40 mins
1 hr 40 mins
Plan ahead the ham needs to soak in the ginger-ale for at least 4 hours before cooking. Make certain to bake the ham 20 minutes per pound, all ingredients are for a 5 pound bone-in ham, if you are using a much larger ham then double the marinade ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Using a sharp knife remove the tough top layer of skin from the ham.
- 3Score the fat diagonally in a diamond shape pattern.
- 4Soak the ham in the refrigerator in the ginger-ale for at least 4 hours to remove the salt, turning the ham occasionally if needed.
- 5After the 4 hours discard the ginger-ale.
- 6Stud the top of the ham with whole cloves.
- 7Place a large piece of heavy-duty foil in the bottom of the roasting pan (large enough to wrap the ham tightly in).
- 8Place the ham on top of the foil in roasting pan.
- 9In a bowl mix together molasses, dry mustard, pepper and beer; pour over the ham.
- 10Cover very tighty with the foil so the juices do not escape.
- 11Bake the ham for 20 minutes a pound.
- 12Remove the ham to a cutting board place a piece of foil over and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer-Baked Ham
Serving Size: 1 (448 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1221.5
- Calories from Fat 706
- Total Fat 78.5 g
- Saturated Fat 27.1 g
- Cholesterol 264.6 mg
- Sodium 4737.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 41.8 g
- Protein 62.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: