1/1 Photo of Bone-In Ham on the Barbecue With Honey-Butter Glaze
2 hrs 10 mins
Triple BQ's Note:
My husband wanted a Bone in Ham the other day and with my kitchen was between 80 - 90 degrees, I did not want to heat the oven. I could find lots of recipes for steaks but very few for Whole or Bone in Ham. I combined what I found and came up with this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak your smoking chips in water. Put in a pan, either the one that came with your BBQ or a metal pie tin, place on the hot side of the grill. To create a hot side and a cold side only heat 1-2 burners or put all your charcoal on one side of the grill. Preheat your grill to 325°F.
- 2Place bone-in ham cut side down on the cold side of the grill. Insert a meat thermometer not touching the bone. Cook until your meat thermometer reads 145°F (it’s ok to go over little).
- 3In the meantime prepare your glaze.
- 4In a glass measuring cup or microwave proof dish mix Honey, Corn Syrup, and Butter. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Mix well. Microwave again before using if necessary.
- 5When your meat thermometer reads 145°F start glazing your ham. Continue cooking for 10 minutes glazing every 2-3 minutes, you might have left over glaze.
- 6Remove ham from BBQ and let rest for 10 minutes before carving. After carving drizzle any extra glaze over slices for added flavors.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bone-In Ham on the Barbecue With Honey-Butter Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (517 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1428.3
- Calories from Fat 936
- Total Fat 104.0 g
- Saturated Fat 38.5 g
- Cholesterol 331.3 mg
- Sodium 333.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 37.6 g
- Protein 77.6 g