My husband wanted a Bone in Ham the other day and with my kitchen was between 80 - 90 degrees, I did not want to heat the oven. I could find lots of recipes for steaks but very few for Whole or Bone in Ham. I combined what I found and came up with this.
- Soak your smoking chips in water. Put in a pan, either the one that came with your BBQ or a metal pie tin, place on the hot side of the grill. To create a hot side and a cold side only heat 1-2 burners or put all your charcoal on one side of the grill. Preheat your grill to 325°F.
- Place bone-in ham cut side down on the cold side of the grill. Insert a meat thermometer not touching the bone. Cook until your meat thermometer reads 145°F (it’s ok to go over little).
- In the meantime prepare your glaze.
- In a glass measuring cup or microwave proof dish mix Honey, Corn Syrup, and Butter. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Mix well. Microwave again before using if necessary.
- When your meat thermometer reads 145°F start glazing your ham. Continue cooking for 10 minutes glazing every 2-3 minutes, you might have left over glaze.
- Remove ham from BBQ and let rest for 10 minutes before carving. After carving drizzle any extra glaze over slices for added flavors.