2 hrs 15 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
This recipe is from Favorite Lake City Recipes, a cookbook from the Army ammunition plant my husband works for. It was submitted by Mrs. Charles P. Longgood, Bldg. 1. It's become a family favorite and has been requested for Christmas dinner for several years now. I prefer using a spiral-cut ham as the flavor really gets into it better. Southern Comfort is my whiskey of choice, and I use either sliced or chunk pineapple.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Place ham fat side down on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- 3Bake for 2 hours, without basting, or until meat can be pierced easily with a fork.
- 4Remove ham from oven and let cool.
- 5When ham is cool enough to handle, cut away rind with a sharp knife.
- 6Score ham by cutting deeply through fat until you reach the meat.
- 7Make incisions about 1 inch apart, crosswise and lengthwise.
- 8Baste ham on all sides with 1/2 cup of bourbon.
- 9Combine dark brown sugar, dry mustard and 1/4 cup of bourbon and pat the mixture into the fat.
- 10Stud intersections with whole cloves.
- 11Arrange orange sections (or pineapple chunks) attractively.
- 12Baste ham with pan drippings and bake undisturbed for 15 to 20 minutes, to melt sugar and glaze.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bourbon-Glazed Ham
Serving Size: 1 (452 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 854.4
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 235.8 mg
- Sodium 6890.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 37.4 g
- Protein 101.6 g