2 hrs 15 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
This recipe is from Favorite Lake City Recipes, a cookbook from the Army ammunition plant my husband works for. It was submitted by Mrs. Charles P. Longgood, Bldg. 1. It's become a family favorite and has been requested for Christmas dinner for several years now. I prefer using a spiral-cut ham as the flavor really gets into it better. Southern Comfort is my whiskey of choice, and I use either sliced or chunk pineapple.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Place ham fat side down on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- 3Bake for 2 hours, without basting, or until meat can be pierced easily with a fork.
- 4Remove ham from oven and let cool.
- 5When ham is cool enough to handle, cut away rind with a sharp knife.
- 6Score ham by cutting deeply through fat until you reach the meat.
- 7Make incisions about 1 inch apart, crosswise and lengthwise.
- 8Baste ham on all sides with 1/2 cup of bourbon.
- 9Combine dark brown sugar, dry mustard and 1/4 cup of bourbon and pat the mixture into the fat.
- 10Stud intersections with whole cloves.
- 11Arrange orange sections (or pineapple chunks) attractively.
- 12Baste ham with pan drippings and bake undisturbed for 15 to 20 minutes, to melt sugar and glaze.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bourbon-Glazed Ham
Serving Size: 1 (452 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 854.4
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 235.8 mg
- Sodium 6890.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 37.4 g
- Protein 101.6 g