1/2 Photos of Bourbon, Pineapple and Orange Glazed Holiday Ham
3 hrs 25 mins
One of my family's favorite holiday ham recipes --perfect for Easter or New Year's celebrations. The glaze is really wonderful-- half gets brushed onto the ham and baked, the remainder gets passed at the table. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 lbs bone-in ham, rind removed
- whole cloves
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Bourbon (or orange juice)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar orange marmalade (best with a slightly bitter marmalade such as Hero)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 3 teaspoons prepared mustard (French's yellow mustard)
- 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple rings, drained
- 10 -12 maraschino cherries
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Using a sharp knife, score the ham into a diamond pattern about 1/4-inch deep and 1-inch apart.
- 3Stud the ham with whole cloves in the center of each diamond.
- 4Place ham fat side up in a shallow roasting pan (for easy clean-up line pan with aluminum foil, or use a heavy-duty disposable aluminum pan).
- 5Bake ham for 2 1/2 hours.
- 6Meanwhile, stir together the brown sugar, bourbon, orange marmalade, crushed pineapple, and prepared mustard. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved.
- 7Remove ham from the oven.
- 8Spoon half of the glaze/sauce over the ham.
- 9Decorate ham with pineapple rings, using a few toothpicks to hold ring in place. Place a cherry in the center of each ring, and attach it with a toothpick.
- 10Return ham to the oven and bake for another 20 to 30 minutes.
- 11Transfer ham to a platter and allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving (be sure to remove all toothpicks).
- 12Pass the remaining sauce at the table.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bourbon, Pineapple and Orange Glazed Holiday Ham
Serving Size: 1 (493 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1480.4
- Calories from Fat 719
- Total Fat 79.9 g
- Saturated Fat 29.3 g
- Cholesterol 426.1 mg
- Sodium 317.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 50.8 g
- Protein 122.1 g