1/1 Photo of Brown Rice-Mushroom Pilaf
Chicken broth or water may be used in place of the vegetable broth. Cooking time includes cooking rice. The complete recipe may be doubled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth (or use water or chicken broth)
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain brown rice
- 1/4 cup oil (or use butter)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic, 9or to taste
- 2 carrots (peeled and diced)
- 2 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 large eggs, beaten (can use 3 eggs)
- salt and black pepper
- 1/3 cup toasted slivered almonds (can use more)
- soy sauce (optional)
- 1In a medium saucepan bring 1-1/2 cups vegetable broth (or water or chicken broth) to a boil; add in rice cover with a tight-fitting lid; reduce heat to medium-low and cook rice for about 45 minutes or until tender (the rice may take longer than stated time) fluff with fork and set aside (keep lid on to keep rice warm).
- 2Heat oil or butter over medium heat in a large skillet.
- 3Add in onions and saute for 5 minutes.
- 4Add in garlic and diced carrots; saute for 2 minutes.
- 5Add in sliced mushrooms to the skillet and cook stirring until they release their moisture and are slightly browned (about 10-12 minutes).
- 6Add in frozen peas and cook stirring 1 minute.
- 7To the skillet with the veggies add in eggs; stir constantly until cooked.
- 8Remove the skillet from heat, then add in the cooked rice and almonds; toss until combined with vegetables.
- 9Season with salt and black pepper.
- 10Serve with soy sauce if desired.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Rice-Mushroom Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.5
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 103.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 11.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: