Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
perfect inexpensive gift!!
Make and share this Cappuccino in a jar recipe from Food.com.
- Have ready 2 (12 ounce) canning jars.
- Put the instant coffee into a food processor, and process to a fine powder.
- If you don't have a food processor, put it into a large plastic bag, and crush with a rolling pan.
- In a large bowl, combine creamer, chocolate mix, instant coffee, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Stir together until well mixed.
- Spoon into 2- 12 ounce jars.
- Attach a note to each jar that reads: Cappuccino: Mix 3 tablespoons of powder with 6 fluid ounces hot water.
Yummy! I made this today to give as a gift and I kept the extra jar for myself! I'll definitely make it again, and I'll keep some on hand for holiday entertaining. Thanks! (I ran the instant coffee through my whole-bean coffee grinder...worked great!)
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! I had this terrible chocolate-coffee craving tonight at 1am and I went crazy looking through my cookbook for a new recipe to try out. When I couldn't find anything and I'd almost given up, I came to Zaar's Home page and checked under main ingredient "chocolate". Lucky me! I found this awesome mix and immediately halved the recipe and made it. Since I did not have nutmeg on hand, I used a bit more of cinnamon. WOW! Mmmmmmm! Yumm!! It's fanta-fabulous! I'm sitting here right now, 1:20am, sipping this addicitve drink and I'm in heaven:) Thank you so much for sharing this delicious mix! I've just finished a mug and now I feel like fixing myself another:)
paula&mat, just wanted to tell you that I just mixed up my second batch of this recipe. This time, I substituted turbinado sugar (raw cane sugar) in place of the regular sugar. It is wonderful! That little hint of molasses really is delicious. By the way, I used my blender to process the instant coffee. Worked great. Thanks again, for this delicious recipe.