1/2 Photos of Caramelized Onion and Cornbread Stuffing
This recipes comes from the Food Network courtesy of Tyler Florence. I made this for Thanksgiving this year. The amount of chicken stock was listed as 1/4 cup, this was cooked in a small pan in the oven and I found that I needed additional for the stuffing to be as moist as we liked.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter over medium heat, add onions and cook until soft and caramelized, stirring frequently, approximately 10 to 15 minutes; stir in the fresh sage.
- 2Pour mixture into a large mixing bowl, add in the cornbread and season well with salt and pepper; toss gently until well combined.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, cream and 1/4 cup of chicken stock, pour over the cornbread mixture, stir gently.
- 4If cooking in the turkey, stuff and proceed as per your recipe for roasted turkey.
- 5If cooking outside the bird, spoon the mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish, pour the additional stock over all and place in oven the last 30 minutes that turkey is baking.
- 6Bake until hot and crusty on top.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Onion and Cornbread Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.9
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 84.4 mg
- Sodium 788.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 8.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves