This recipes comes from the Food Network courtesy of Tyler Florence. I made this for Thanksgiving this year. The amount of chicken stock was listed as 1/4 cup, this was cooked in a small pan in the oven and I found that I needed additional for the stuffing to be as moist as we liked.
- Melt the butter over medium heat, add onions and cook until soft and caramelized, stirring frequently, approximately 10 to 15 minutes; stir in the fresh sage.
- Pour mixture into a large mixing bowl, add in the cornbread and season well with salt and pepper; toss gently until well combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, cream and 1/4 cup of chicken stock, pour over the cornbread mixture, stir gently.
- If cooking in the turkey, stuff and proceed as per your recipe for roasted turkey.
- If cooking outside the bird, spoon the mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish, pour the additional stock over all and place in oven the last 30 minutes that turkey is baking.
- Bake until hot and crusty on top.