This is "chef's choice" because you can use whatever shellfish you have available or that you favor. You can use canned, frozen and thawed, or fresh. Whatever you decide, you are guaranteed to produce a quick, tasty bisque that is sure to impress.
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 (13 3/4 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 lb frozen and thawed shrimp or 1⁄2 lb lobsters or 1⁄2 lb crabmeat or 1⁄2 lb fresh shrimp or 1⁄2 lb lobsters or 1⁄2 lb crabmeat or 1⁄2 lb canned and drained shrimp or 1⁄2 lb lobsters or 1⁄2 lb crabmeat
- chopped fresh parsley, to taste
- In saucepan, cook onion in butter. Stir in flour. Cook 1 minute. Slowly stir in broth. Bring to boil. Stir in sherry.
- Add a small amount of hot mixture to yolks and mix until smooth. Slowly stir into hot mixture in saucepan.
- Add shellfish and cream. Heat through, but DO NOT BOIL. Serve immediately. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.