1/3 Photos of Chef's Choice Shellfish Bisque
This is "chef's choice" because you can use whatever shellfish you have available or that you favor. You can use canned, frozen and thawed, or fresh. Whatever you decide, you are guaranteed to produce a quick, tasty bisque that is sure to impress.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 (13 3/4 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 lb frozen and thawed shrimp or 1/2 lb lobsters or 1/2 lb crabmeat or 1/2 lb fresh shrimp or 1/2 lb lobsters or 1/2 lb crabmeat or 1/2 lb canned and drained shrimp or 1/2 lb lobsters or 1/2 lb crabmeat
- chopped fresh parsley, to taste
- 1In saucepan, cook onion in butter. Stir in flour. Cook 1 minute. Slowly stir in broth. Bring to boil. Stir in sherry.
- 2Add a small amount of hot mixture to yolks and mix until smooth. Slowly stir into hot mixture in saucepan.
- 3Add shellfish and cream. Heat through, but DO NOT BOIL. Serve immediately. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chef's Choice Shellfish Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.7
- Calories from Fat 302
- Total Fat 33.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 334.2 mg
- Sodium 1044.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 16.1 g