Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is "chef's choice" because you can use whatever shellfish you have available or that you favor. You can use canned, frozen and thawed, or fresh. Whatever you decide, you are guaranteed to produce a quick, tasty bisque that is sure to impress.
- 59.14 ml minced onion
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml flour
- 2 (779.61 g) can chicken broth
- 59.14 ml dry sherry
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 226.79 g frozen and thawed shrimp or 226.79 g lobsters or 226.79 g crabmeat or 226.79 g fresh shrimp or 226.79 g lobsters or 226.79 g crabmeat or 226.79 g canned and drained shrimp or 226.79 g lobsters or 226.79 g crabmeat
- chopped fresh parsley, to taste
- In saucepan, cook onion in butter. Stir in flour. Cook 1 minute. Slowly stir in broth. Bring to boil. Stir in sherry.
- Add a small amount of hot mixture to yolks and mix until smooth. Slowly stir into hot mixture in saucepan.
- Add shellfish and cream. Heat through, but DO NOT BOIL. Serve immediately. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
Mmm Good! I added a dash of salt and a tablespoon of tomato paste, and I chose crab. I will make this quick, east recipe again! Thanks, Jackie!