These taste almost like Score Chocolate bars and you would never know you are eating soda crackers! I was skeptical the first time I tried it but it's really true; they taste just like a Score Chocolate bar!!
- 40 soda crackers, Salted or unsalted (Turned the right way 40 will fit on a cookie sheet)
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, no substitutes (I've used a 50/50 butter-marg blend and it worked)
- 1 (345 g) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (I've used milk chocolate, mint, semi-sweet and all different amounts, sometimes more, sometimes less)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and place whole crackers on sheet.
- Melt butter and sugar in saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Heat to boiling; boil until sugar is completely dissolved. Spread over crackers.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips; let stand for 3-5 minutes.
- Using paint brush/barbeque brush/silicone brush or even the back of a spoon, spread melted chocolate over baked crackers.
- You can sprinkle coloured sugar crystals on top or whatever you want, red & green for Christmas, orange for Halloween, etc.
- Cool in fridge until hard.
- Break into chunks or cut into squares.