1/1 Photo of Chocolate Cracker Bars
Kansas A's Note:
These taste almost like Score Chocolate bars and you would never know you are eating soda crackers! I was skeptical the first time I tried it but it's really true; they taste just like a Score Chocolate bar!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 40 soda crackers, Salted or unsalted (Turned the right way 40 will fit on a cookie sheet)
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 236.59 ml butter, no substitutes (I've used a 50/50 butter-marg blend and it worked)
- 345 g package semi-sweet chocolate chips (I've used milk chocolate, mint, semi-sweet and all different amounts, sometimes more, sometimes less)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and place whole crackers on sheet.
- 3Melt butter and sugar in saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 4Heat to boiling; boil until sugar is completely dissolved. Spread over crackers.
- 5Bake for 10 minutes.
- 6Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips; let stand for 3-5 minutes.
- 7Using paint brush/barbeque brush/silicone brush or even the back of a spoon, spread melted chocolate over baked crackers.
- 8You can sprinkle coloured sugar crystals on top or whatever you want, red & green for Christmas, orange for Halloween, etc.
- 9Cool in fridge until hard.
- 10Break into chunks or cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cracker Bars
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.4
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 149.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 1.3 g