These delicious cookies always make my annual Christmas baking list. They are the best cookie recipe my mom ever gave to me. Try this, and you'll agree--these are easy and addicting. UPDATE: notice that I fixed the pan size--these will fit in a square baking pan).
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a square baking pan (8 x 8).
- Mix Crisco, peanut butter, both sugars and egg thoroughly. (spray cooking spray in your measuring cups before you add Crisco and peanut butter for an easier clean up).
- Stir in water, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add in HALF of the chocolate chips.
- Spread in pan.
- Bake about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle remaining 6 oz. chocolate chips over top. cover with a cookie sheet so that they melt.
- spread softened morsels over the top. Sprinkle with peanuts.
- Refrigerate several hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and let sit about 15 minutes.
- Cut into 2x1" bars.