1/3 Photos of Chocolate-Peanut Butter Bars
These delicious cookies always make my annual Christmas baking list. They are the best cookie recipe my mom ever gave to me. Try this, and you'll agree--these are easy and addicting. UPDATE: notice that I fixed the pan size--these will fit in a square baking pan).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Grease a square baking pan (8 x 8).
- 3Mix Crisco, peanut butter, both sugars and egg thoroughly. (spray cooking spray in your measuring cups before you add Crisco and peanut butter for an easier clean up).
- 4Stir in water, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add in HALF of the chocolate chips.
- 5Spread in pan.
- 6Bake about 20 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle remaining 6 oz. chocolate chips over top. cover with a cookie sheet so that they melt.
- 8spread softened morsels over the top. Sprinkle with peanuts.
- 9Refrigerate several hours.
- 10Remove from refrigerator and let sit about 15 minutes.
- 11Cut into 2x1" bars.
Browse Our Top Christmas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Christmas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Peanut Butter Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.3
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 9.2 mg
- Sodium 139.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 4.0 g