A beautiful salad for the holiday table! Adapted from Better Homes & Gardens magazine. For a really moist salad, double the dressing amounts. This salad needs to chill about 2 hours. Italian, New England, Mid Atlantic
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (white kidney beans)
- 2 small green sweet peppers, seeded and cut into bite size chunks (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium cucumber, cut into bite size chunks (about 3 cups)
- 2 cups red cabbage, coarsely chopped (or 1/2 head radicchio)
- 1 1/2 cups radishes, quartered
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 -2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2-1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 8 ounces feta cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped (or mint)
- 1Place beans, green peppers, cucumber, red cabbage(or radicchio), and radishes in separate self sealing plastic bags.
- 2For the dressing:.
- 3In a screw top jar combine oil and lemon juice. Cover and shake well. Add the honey, salt, and pepper to taste, covering and shaking well after each addition. Pour 1 to 2 tbls. dressing into each bag and seal. Chill 2 to 4 hours, turning the bags every so often. The beans, green peppers, and cucumber may be chilled up to 24 hours.
- 4To serve, arrange vegetables and dressing along with feta cheese in strips on a platter. Sprinkle herbs over all.
- 5Serves 8 to 10.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chopped Holiday Salad
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.8
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 499.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 10.3 g