Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A beautiful salad for the holiday table! Adapted from Better Homes & Gardens magazine. For a really moist salad, double the dressing amounts. This salad needs to chill about 2 hours. Italian, New England, Mid Atlantic
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (white kidney beans)
- 2 small green sweet peppers, seeded and cut into bite size chunks (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium cucumber, cut into bite size chunks (about 3 cups)
- 2 cups red cabbage, coarsely chopped (or 1/2 head radicchio)
- 1 1⁄2 cups radishes, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 -2 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 8 ounces feta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped (or mint)
- Place beans, green peppers, cucumber, red cabbage(or radicchio), and radishes in separate self sealing plastic bags.
- For the dressing:.
- In a screw top jar combine oil and lemon juice. Cover and shake well. Add the honey, salt, and pepper to taste, covering and shaking well after each addition. Pour 1 to 2 tbls. dressing into each bag and seal. Chill 2 to 4 hours, turning the bags every so often. The beans, green peppers, and cucumber may be chilled up to 24 hours.
- To serve, arrange vegetables and dressing along with feta cheese in strips on a platter. Sprinkle herbs over all.
- Serves 8 to 10.
This was fantastic. Although the title says Holiday salad it is also a wonderful Summer salad! I had all these ingredients on hand and it comes together quickly. I used yellow peppers since I don't care for green ones but otherwise stayed true to the recipe. We loved this healthy refreshing salad! Thanks for sharing :)
What a fantastic salad! I made no subs, but did adjust some amounts of the dressing a wee bit. This salad has so much flavor to it! I made as directed using ziploc bags and left it in the fridge overnight, I added in the feta before serving. This will go into my favorites, thank you so much Sharon!...Kitten:)