1/1 Photo of Christmas Dinner Soup - Modified by Twissis
1 hr 25 mins
This recipe from the New Covent Garden Food Co new book "Soup for all Seasons" is a twist on traditional turkey leftovers. It stars your leftovers in a lightly creamed soup that I modified to be a bit more hearty than the original by increasing the amt of stuffing & turkey. It also features the stuffing as meatballs for another twist. I saw it in the IcelandAir magazine on the plane as we were flying home from the US a few dys ago & was impatient to share it w/you. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 190°C.
- 2Roll the stuffing into 24 balls & cook in the oven for approx 20 min, till golden brown. Remove & set aside.
- 3While the stuffing balls are cooking, soak the dried cranberries in boiling water for 15 min, drain & set aside.
- 4Melt the butter in a pan. Add the leek, celery & onion. Cook for 5 min or till softened.
- 5Add the stock, bay leaf & thyme. Cover & simmer for 20 min till the veggies are tender. Remove the herbs & discard.
- 6Use your stick blender or food processor to blend the stock mixture till smooth.
- 7Return the blended mixture to the pan. Add the cream, turkey & cranberries & season w/salt & pepper to your taste preferences.
- 8Reheat GENTLY for 10 min, stirring occ.
- 9To Serve: Place 3-4 stuffing "meatballs" in ea of 6-8 soup bowls, ladle the soup over them & serve immediately.
- 10NOTE: Try not to omit the dried cranberries as they really add such a flavor dimension to this soup. I actually added more than the recipe suggested & was glad I did.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Dinner Soup - Modified by Twissis
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.3
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 79.2 mg
- Sodium 632.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 25.9 g