Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
They've become a habit at Christmas time, but are good any time of year!
Make and share this Christmas (or any other time) Appetizer recipe from Food.com.
- Cut each bacon slice into thirds.
- Wrap one bacon piece around one water chestnut, skewering with a toothpick to hold together.
- Combine soy sauce and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Dredge each water chestnut in this mixture, placing on jelly roll after dredging.
- Place under broiler, turning after a few minutes, until bacon is evenly cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Time will depend on how close your tray is to the broiler.
- You may also do small batches in a toaster oven.
Add ketchup to the sauce. (about 1/2 cup) It makes it even better. I've never known anyone who could keep their hands off this one. Soak the toothpicks in water prevent them from burning. And make plenty!
Verty simple and tasty! This was a hit for Christmas dinner this year. Who would have thought that something so easy would win the crowd that afternoon! thanks for the great recipe!
Outstanding! My Mom used to make these, and I never had the recipe....I thank you so much for giving me back my Mom's recipe -- It's totally awesome!!! And everyone in my family has wondered about how to make this easy and tasty appetizer for years! Perfect! Thanks for posting, LorenLou!!!