From Rachael Ray
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 lb pancetta, chopped
- 1/4 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1/4 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1/2 lb ground sirloin
- 1/2 lb ground veal
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- coarse black pepper
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup beef stock or 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup grated romano cheese
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add salt.
- 2Add in the rigatoni; cook to al dente per package directions.
- 3While the water and pasta work, heat a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- 4Add in 1 tablespoon olive oil; add pancetta to one half of the skillet, the sausage (both hot and sweet) to the other half of the skillet.
- 5Break up the sausage into bits and brown while the pancetta renders; then combine and cook together another minute or so.
- 6Remove to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- 7Add the remaining olive oil to the skillet; then add in the beef and veal.
- 8Brown and crumble the meat into tiny bits; add in allspice, salt, and pepper.
- 9Add in the carrots, onions, and garlic; cook 5-6 minutes to soften the vegetables.
- 10Add the sausage and pancetta back to the skillet, draining away some of the fat.
- 11Deglaze the pan with the wine, scaping up all the good bits with a wooden spoon.
- 12Stir in the stock, then stir in the tomatoes.
- 13Check the seasoning to taste and adjust.
- 14Simmer over low heat until ready to serve, at least 10 minutes.
- 15Stir in half the parsley to finish.
- 16Drain the pasta and add back to the hot pot.
- 17Ladle a few spoonfuls of pasta over the sauce and add cheese to the pot.
- 18Stir to coat the pasta evenly; transfer to a large serving dish or individual bowls; top with remaining sauce and parsley; pass plenty of extra cheese at the table.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Pasta - Rachael Ray
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 651.0
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 143.3 mg
- Sodium 827.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 37.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: