Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my grandmother's recipe for a delicious hot punch for the holidays, which she always called tea. I always make this for holiday parties, and the aroma is wonderful. To make it even more festive, you can float orange rings in the punch.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 quarts water
- 3 oranges, juice of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 4 ounces red cinnamon candies (otherwise known as cinnamon imperials or red hots)
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple juice
- 2 quarts cranberry juice
- In a 6-qt saucepan, boil the water, sugar, orange juice, lemon juice, and cinnamon candies.
- Stir and boil until cinnamon candies are dissolved.
- Add the pineapple juice and cranberry juice and cook over medium heat, stirring until the punch is thoroughly heated.
- Serve hot. You can keep it in a hot crock pot for a party.
Wonderfully comforting during the holidays. This drink received many compliments!
I served this at a teenager's Holiday luncheon and all of them and the adults absolutely LOVED it. The flavor is just fantastic. Some said they would enjoy it cold also. I will defintely make this again. It was a big hit! Made it just as written and it is quick and easy.