1/3 Photos of Coffeehouse Chocolate Spoons
1 hr 30 mins
These chocolate-dipped spoons make it easy for anyone to stir up something sweet and indulgent in minutes. Cook time is chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate pieces
- 20 -24 plastic spoons
- 6 ounces white baking bar
- 1In a heavy saucepan heat semisweet chocolate pieces over low heat, stirring constantly until the chocolate begins to melt.
- 2Immediately remove from heat; stir until smooth.
- 3Dip half of the spoons into chocolate, tapping handle of each spoon against side of pan to remove excess chocolate.
- 4Place spoons on waxed paper; refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow chocolate to set up.
- 5In a heavy saucepan heat white baking bar over low heat, stirring constantly until baking bar begins to melt.
- 6Immediately remove from heat; stir until smooth.
- 7Dip remaining spoons into the melted baking bar.
- 8Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set up.
- 9Place the remaining melted white baking bar in a small, self-sealing heavy plastic bag. Using scissors, make a small opening at one bottom corner of the bag; drizzle one or both sides of the chocolate-coated spoons with the melted white baking bar.
- 10Drizzle remaining melted bittersweet chocolate on white baking bar-coated spoons.
- 11Refrigerate spoons for 30 minutes to allow chocolate to set up.
- 12Wrap each spoon separately and store in cool, dry place for 2 to 3 weeks.
- 13Makes 20 to 24 chocolate-covered spoons.
- 14To Present This As a Gift: You will need matching teacup and saucer, coffee beans, gold-tasseled cord, cellophane bags, and thin gold ribbon.
- 15Fill the cup with the beans. Place on the saucer. Place a pair of chocolate spoons on top of the cup. Arrange tasseled cord around the base of the cup. Wrap extra spoons in cellophane bags; tie with gold ribbon.
- 16Also Try This: Wrap cellophane packages of spoons with gold curling ribbon to add even more cheer.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffeehouse Chocolate Spoons
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.8
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 2.0 mg
- Sodium 7.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 0.8 g