1/3 Photos of Coffeehouse Chocolate Spoons
1 hr 30 mins
These chocolate-dipped spoons make it easy for anyone to stir up something sweet and indulgent in minutes. Cook time is chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate pieces
- 20 -24 plastic spoons
- 6 ounces white baking bar
- 1In a heavy saucepan heat semisweet chocolate pieces over low heat, stirring constantly until the chocolate begins to melt.
- 2Immediately remove from heat; stir until smooth.
- 3Dip half of the spoons into chocolate, tapping handle of each spoon against side of pan to remove excess chocolate.
- 4Place spoons on waxed paper; refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow chocolate to set up.
- 5In a heavy saucepan heat white baking bar over low heat, stirring constantly until baking bar begins to melt.
- 6Immediately remove from heat; stir until smooth.
- 7Dip remaining spoons into the melted baking bar.
- 8Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set up.
- 9Place the remaining melted white baking bar in a small, self-sealing heavy plastic bag. Using scissors, make a small opening at one bottom corner of the bag; drizzle one or both sides of the chocolate-coated spoons with the melted white baking bar.
- 10Drizzle remaining melted bittersweet chocolate on white baking bar-coated spoons.
- 11Refrigerate spoons for 30 minutes to allow chocolate to set up.
- 12Wrap each spoon separately and store in cool, dry place for 2 to 3 weeks.
- 13Makes 20 to 24 chocolate-covered spoons.
- 14To Present This As a Gift: You will need matching teacup and saucer, coffee beans, gold-tasseled cord, cellophane bags, and thin gold ribbon.
- 15Fill the cup with the beans. Place on the saucer. Place a pair of chocolate spoons on top of the cup. Arrange tasseled cord around the base of the cup. Wrap extra spoons in cellophane bags; tie with gold ribbon.
- 16Also Try This: Wrap cellophane packages of spoons with gold curling ribbon to add even more cheer.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffeehouse Chocolate Spoons
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.8
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 2.0 mg
- Sodium 7.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 0.8 g