1 hr 20 mins
Dr. Chef's Note:
I was looking for a dressing to go with a goose for Christmas when I came up with the idea to combine my 2 favorite dressings. Turned out to be a huge hit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb sausage (removed from casings)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups wild rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups fresh cornbread, crumbled
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock (giblet stock works best)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Combine 2 cups of stock, water and rice in a medium saucepan.
- 3Bring to a boil then turn down heat, cover, and simmer until tender, about 1 hour.
- 4Drain, put in large mixing bowl with cornbread and set aside.
- 5Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- 6Sauté onion, celery, garlic and shallot over medium heat until translucent.
- 7Add sausage. Brown.
- 8Add sage, salt, and pepper.
- 9Add to rice/cornbread mixture. Toss.
- 10Put mixture into baking dish (10 X 15 works well) drizzle with remaining stock.
- 11Cook on lower shelf until top is crispy, about 25 minute.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornbread and Wild Rice Dressing (Stuffing) With Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.6
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 28.1 mg
- Sodium 747.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 10.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: