1 hr 35 mins
Taken from "The Joy of Israel" cookbook by Ricky Friesem and Gerry Hornreich. This is a kugel made in heaven, one of the best I have tried yet and I have tried many! This makes a wonderful side dish or a brunch recipe, it's also great to serve at a buffet! This is not an overly-sweet kugel if you want a sweeter kugel then increase the sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 350°F.
- 2Butter a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- 3In a large mixing bowl combine the cottage cheese, sour cream, milk and half of the melted butter (1/4 cup).
- 4In another bowl whisk together eggs, sugar and vanilla; add to the cheese mixture, mix until blended.
- 5Add in the cooked noodles and raisins; mix with wooden spoon to combine.
- 6transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- 7Drizzle the remaining 1/4 cup butter over the mixture.
- 8In a small cup mix together 2 tablespoons sugar with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon then sprinkle over the top.
- 9Bake for about 1 hour or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cottage Cheese Lokshen Kugel
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 732.0
- Calories from Fat 348
- Total Fat 38.7 g
- Saturated Fat 22.1 g
- Cholesterol 284.5 mg
- Sodium 427.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 26.9 g
- Protein 23.4 g