Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Taken from "The Joy of Israel" cookbook by Ricky Friesem and Gerry Hornreich. This is a kugel made in heaven, one of the best I have tried yet and I have tried many! This makes a wonderful side dish or a brunch recipe, it's also great to serve at a buffet! This is not an overly-sweet kugel if you want a sweeter kugel then increase the sugar.
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cottage cheese, sour cream, milk and half of the melted butter (1/4 cup).
- In another bowl whisk together eggs, sugar and vanilla; add to the cheese mixture, mix until blended.
- Add in the cooked noodles and raisins; mix with wooden spoon to combine.
- transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Drizzle the remaining 1/4 cup butter over the mixture.
- In a small cup mix together 2 tablespoons sugar with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon then sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until lightly browned.
Yum! I was looking for a lokshen kugel recipe and was thriled when I saw one posted by Kittencal. Her recipes always turn out delicious. This was simple to prepare and looks really beautiful when cooked. I omitted the sugar sprinkled on top but I think it would taste fine with it too. I also added a pinch of nutmeg to the mixture. Thanks Kittencal!
delicious with sour cream also...don't laugh...try it!
I couldn't find my recipe so I tried this one instead. It was delicious. The only change I made was that I added 1 cup of chopped apples. Thanks for the recipe.