1/2 Photos of Cranberry Buttermilk Scones
I make this Christmastime for breakfast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blend 1/4 cup of the flour with the cranberries and let stand over night to absorb excess moisture.
- 2Next day, mix remaining flour and all other dry ingredients.
- 3Cut into butter until mixture is consistency of oatmeal.
- 4Stir in cranberries in the flour and orange rind.
- 5Blend eggs and buttermilk. Add to dry ingredients, mixing until just blended.
- 6If dough is sticky, flour hands and pat into a 6-inch ball. Score into six wedges.
- 7Bake in 400°F oven for 15 minutes.
- 8Glaze with fresh cream and sugar immediately after baking.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Buttermilk Scones
Serving Size: 1 (674 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.1
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 89.9 mg
- Sodium 317.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 7.7 g