1/2 Photos of Creamy Cream of Mushroom Soup
To reduce the fat use low-fat evaporated milk, if you are not a garlic-lover then omit the garlic, I like to add it in, the equivelent amount of homemade chicken stock may be used in place of the canned, this recipe may easily be doubled :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (optional or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 6 tablespoons flour (1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 cup 18% table cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/3-1/2 cup parmesan cheese (optional or to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- 1In a saucepan or pot heat butter over medium heat; add in onions, garlic and thyme, and cayenne saute for about 3 minutes.
- 2Add in mushrooms and saute until tender.
- 3In a small bowl combine 1 can of broth with the flour until smooth; add to the pot along with the remaining broth; bring to a boil and cook stirring for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 4Reduce the heat to low and stir in the cream.
- 5Season with black pepper and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- 6Mix in Parmesan cheese (if using) and heat through, then season with salt to taste.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Cream of Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.5
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 69.8 mg
- Sodium 910.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 14.2 g