1 hr 25 mins
A long time family favorite, I sometimes add in 1 teaspoon cinnamon into the kugel mixture!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb wide egg noodles
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or 1 cup full-fat milk
- 5 large eggs, slight beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar (can use more)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter a 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish.
- 3Cook the egg noodles in boiling water with 2 tablespoons salt until just firm-tender.
- 4Drain well then transfer to a large bowl, and toss with 1/4 cup butter until the noodles are well coated.
- 5In a medium bowl whisk together milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until well combined, then whisk in sour cream.
- 6Stir in cottage cheese and pineapple, then add to the cooked noodles; mix with a wooden spoon to combine well.
- 7Transfer to buttered baking dish.
- 8In a bowl, mix together cornflakes crumbs, sugar and cinnamon.
- 9Sprinkle over the noodles in the dish.
- 10Dot with butter.
- 11Bake for about 1 hour or until the edges are golden brown and the kugel is set.
- 12Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Pineapple Noodle Kugel With Crunchy Cornflake Topping
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 980.6
- Calories from Fat 462
- Total Fat 51.3 g
- Saturated Fat 28.5 g
- Cholesterol 341.4 mg
- Sodium 856.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 41.7 g
- Protein 27.8 g