1/5 Photos of Crock Pot Holiday Dressing
Bone Man's Note:
This great-tasting recipe will solve your oven space problem if you don't usually stuff your holiday turkey. It's a newspaper clipping recipe that I tweaked just a little and I wouldn't plan to make my future dressing any other way, even if I had three ovens!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 12 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced thin
- 12 cups dried bread, cubed
- 1 teaspoon paul prudhomme's poultry magic seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh peppercorn, ground
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 raw eggs, beaten
- 1Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat and saute the onions, celery, mushrooms and the parsley until tender but not browned.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, spoon the sauteed vegetables over the bread cubes and then add all the spices and herbs into the mix. Stir.
- 3Mix the beaten eggs with the chicken stock and add this to the mix a little at a time as you stir carefully. You may not need every bit of the stock-egg blend so be careful to not turn your dressing into soup. You should still be able to discern the bread cubes but they should be fairly wet.
- 4Transfer the mix into your crock pot (a large one is best) and cover.
- 5Cook on High for an hour and then reduce to the Low setting and allow it to cook for four to eight more hours until it reaches the consistency that you like.
- 6If you don't have the Paul Prudhomme seasoning you can use seasoned salt or, better yet, poultry seasoning.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Holiday Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (411 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 687.8
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 65.0 mg
- Sodium 1900.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 19.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: