Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I came up with this recipe while stuck at home during the first ice storm of the year. I suggest garnishing with sharp cheddar and tortilla chips. It is definitely comfort food.
- 1 (1 1/4 lb) package sweet Italian turkey sausage links
- 4 -5 round white potatoes (chopped)
- 5 celery ribs (chopped)
- 1 jalapeno (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 (4 ounce) canof chopped green chilies
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer (micro brew ( I used New Belgium Two Below)
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn
- 2 (14 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 4 tablespoons flour
- Peel outer casing off of the sausages.
- Cook sausage, celery, jalapeño, chilies, and garlic.
- Place meat mixture into a large crock pot.
- Add all other ingredients except flour.
- Cook on high in crock pot for four hours.
- Add sifted flour. Cook on low for another hour.
- Serve with favorite garnish.