Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I came up with this recipe while stuck at home during the first ice storm of the year. I suggest garnishing with sharp cheddar and tortilla chips. It is definitely comfort food.
- 566.99 g package sweet Italian turkey sausage links
- 4-5 round white potatoes (chopped)
- 5 celery ribs (chopped)
- 1 jalapeno (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 113.39 g canof chopped green chilies
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 340.19 g bottle beer (micro brew ( I used New Belgium Two Below)
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 396.89 g can corn
- 2 (793.78 g) can great northern beans
- 14.79 ml cumin
- 29.58 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 59.16 ml flour
- Peel outer casing off of the sausages.
- Cook sausage, celery, jalapeño, chilies, and garlic.
- Place meat mixture into a large crock pot.
- Add all other ingredients except flour.
- Cook on high in crock pot for four hours.
- Add sifted flour. Cook on low for another hour.
- Serve with favorite garnish.