4 hrs 15 mins
This recipe is adapted from "The Slow Cooker Cookbook". You can also make a non-vegetarian version of this dish by adding some fried chopped bacon or pancetta to the pot with the vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 400 ml dry cider
- 250 ml vegetable stock, boiling (or chicken stock if you prefer)
- 3 leeks, cut into 2 cm slices
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 2 cm chunks
- 3 parsnips, peeled and cut into 2 cm chunks
- 1 turnip, peeled and cut into 2 cm chunks
- 1 swede, peeled and cut into 2 cm chunks
- 300 g potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 cm chunks
- 3 bay leaves
- 1Pour cider into ceramic cooking pot with stock.
- 2Cover with lid and switch to high.
- 3Add prepared vegetables and bay leaf.
- 4Cover and cook for 4 hours.
- 5Serve in warmed deep soup plates.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Winter Vegetable Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.6
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 89.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: