1 hr 20 mins
TOOLBELT DIVA's Note:
Ask your butcher to shape the crown roast and tie it with string. Wrap foil around the tops of the cutlet bones to prevent them from burning. Any excess stuffing can be moistened with a little apple juice, rolled in greased foil and baked with the lamb. Cook this dish just before serving. Serve with roasted vegetables and your favourite Sauvignon Blanc or Cabernet Merlot. One of my favourite meats to cook; my recipe library includes many variations in the preparation and presentation of lamb and this recipe is just one I am pleased to share. From Classic Essential Roasts by the Hawthorn Press.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to hot- 415F (210C) (Gas mark 6-7).
- 2Trim excess fat and sinew off meat.
- 3Combine breadcrumbs, sage and parsley.
- 4Melt the butter in a small pan.
- 5Add the onion and apple and cook over medium heat until soft.
- 6Remove from the heat and stir into combined breadcrumbs/sage/parsley.
- 7Whisk the apple juice and egg yolks together, then lightly stir into the breadcrumb mixture.
- 8Beat the egg whites with an electric beater, in a small mixing bowl until soft peaks form.
- 9Fold lightly into the stuffing mixture.
- 10Place the crown roast in a shallow roasting pan.
- 11Place a sheet of lightly greased foil in the base of the roast cavity.
- 12Spoon the stuffing into the foil cavity, pressing in lightly.
- 13Roast the meat for 45 minutes for medium, or until cooked to the degree you prefer.
- 14Remove from oven and let the lamb sit for 10 minutes prior to carving.
- 15Cut between the cutlets to separate and serve.
Browse Our Top Cooking Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crown Lamb Roast with Sage Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.3
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 117.1 mg
- Sodium 266.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
racks of lamb