Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This is all out Christmas Dinner. You'll get the ooo's and ahh's and who doesn't like pork and fruit combos? You might want to make extra stuffing to bake on the side if you have stuffing lovers at the table.
- 2721.55-3175.14 g center-cut pork loin (16 ribs)
- 29.58 ml garlic, minced
- 29.58 ml fresh thyme, chopped
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 granny smith apples
- 236.59 ml dried fig
- 118.29 ml dried cherries
- 118.29 ml almonds, slivered
- 14.79 ml butter
- 236.59 ml applesauce
- 118.29 ml dark brown sugar
- 236.59 ml muscat wine, divided
- 709.77 ml herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 sprig fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven 425°F.
- Rub the roast all over with garlic, thyme, olive oil, generously salt and pepper to taste. Sauté the apples, figs, cherries and almonds in butter, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in applesauce, dark brown sugar, 1/2 cup wine and stuffing mix; spoon into center of roast.
- Place rosemary sprigs on top of stuffing. Cover stuffing and exposed ends of ribs with aluminum foil.
- Roast pork for 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 350°F and continue roasting until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 150°F, approximately 2 hours.
- Transfer the pork to a platter and let stand for 15 minutes.
Wow! That's all I have to say. I made this this last weekend for some friends who came over for our gingerbread house decorating party. It looked so scrumptious we didn't need a centerpiece, and the consistancy of the pork was like butter. Believe it or not, even though 90% of the guests were guys, it got rave reviews all night, so you know it's got to be good. lol. I love your recipes Annacia! Thanks a million, again, for making dinner remarkable ;)