1/1 Photo of Danish Braised Cabbage
2 hrs 50 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
This red cabbage recipe is a tangy addition to meals, and it's quite easy to prepare. Note that the flavor deepens and improves if you prepare the dish a day ahead, refrigerate it, and then reheat it on the stove or in a 325-degree oven before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Wash cabbage, remove outer leaves, and cut in half lengthwise; remove core; slice or chop fine, using a knife or food processor.
- 3In a heavy 4- or 5-quart casserole, combine butter, sugar, salt, water, and vinegar.
- 4Bring to a boil on the stove; add cabbage and toss well to coat.
- 5Bring to a boil; cover casserole, and place in oven.
- 6Bake for 2 hours.
- 7Check occasionally and add some water if all the liquid has cooked away.
- 8Ten minutes before cooking is finished, stir in jelly and apple; replace cover.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Danish Braised Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.4
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 726.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 22.5 g
- Protein 3.1 g