1/2 Photos of Danish "Sillsallet" (Herring Salad)
Traditional part of a Danish smorgasbord. Always part of Christmas buffet. Lovely color and great taste (if you like pickled herring)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop the herring, potatoe, beets and apple into 1/4" pieces.
- 2Mix together.
- 3Blend in the dill pickle, onion and add a bit of the reserved beet liquid.
- 4The salad should have a firm consistency.
- 5Put the ingredients into a bowl, pack down well, cover and refrigerate at least over night or up to 2 days.
- 6Serve with Danish rye bread and hard boiled eggs as part of a smorgasbord.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Danish "Sillsallet" (Herring Salad)
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.2
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 320.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: