Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Just wait until your guests taste this dip, they will be clambering for more, make certain to drain the artichokes and spinach very well, if you do not want any heat then omit the Tabasco sauce or you may adjust to suit heat level. The amounts listed will serve approximately 12-14 people. Serve with Frito's scoops.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (very soft)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 -3 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts (very well drained and chopped)
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach (thawed and hand-squeezed dry)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- seasoning salt (to taste)
- Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese (can use less)
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Grease a medium baking dish (use any size to hold the mixture).
- In a bowl combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, fresh garlic and dried basil; mix until well combined then add in Tabasco to taste.
- Season with black pepper and seasoned salt.
- Stir in the spinach until combined.
- Gently stir in the chopped artichoke hearts.
- Transfer the mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned.
This stuff is amazing! Just as good as the dip from Applebee's.
Very good, basic recipe. Easy to make, easier to eat! Can also be served with tortilla chips or thinly sliced toasted baguette bread. I added a 1/2 tsp. of flaked red aleppo chili peppers instead of the Tabasco.