If you are searching for a winning stuffing recipe, I know that I am always looking for a great one....well, here's one that I believe to be a real winner, wow, does it have a wonderful flavor, I think that the addition of pineapple just gives it the right amound of tanginess...a great combo of flavours in this stuffing recipe....the ultimate side dish along side a turkey or ham dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) package pork sausage
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 -4 cloves fresh minced garlic (optional)
- 8 cups fresh white bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped pineapple (I use fresh pineapple, but chunks or rings can be used, just drain well)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/4 cups chopped toasted pecans
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sage
- salt and pepper
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large skillet, over med-high heat, cook pork until browned; drain, set aside.
- 3In another skillet, melt butter.
- 4Stir in celery, onion and garlic (if using).
- 5Cook about 10 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
- 6In a bowl, stir together the bread, cooked sausage, celery, onion, pineapple, cranberries, pecans, parsley, oregano, sage, salt and pepper.
- 7Pour into a lightly-greased 3-quart casserole dish; cover the casserole.
- 8Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Christmas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Pineapple Sausage Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 805.1
- Calories from Fat 578
- Total Fat 64.2 g
- Saturated Fat 26.3 g
- Cholesterol 122.1 mg
- Sodium 961.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 16.4 g