Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
If you are searching for a winning stuffing recipe, I know that I am always looking for a great one....well, here's one that I believe to be a real winner, wow, does it have a wonderful flavor, I think that the addition of pineapple just gives it the right amound of tanginess...a great combo of flavours in this stuffing recipe....the ultimate side dish along side a turkey or ham dinner.
- 340.19 g package pork sausage
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine
- 354.88 ml finely chopped celery
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 3-4 clove fresh minced garlic (optional)
- 1892.72 ml fresh white bread, torn into small pieces
- 354.88 ml finely chopped pineapple (I use fresh pineapple, but chunks or rings can be used, just drain well)
- 236.59 ml dried cranberries
- 295.73 ml chopped toasted pecans
- 78.07 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 4.92 ml dried oregano, crushed
- 4.92 ml sage
- salt and pepper
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, over med-high heat, cook pork until browned; drain, set aside.
- In another skillet, melt butter.
- Stir in celery, onion and garlic (if using).
- Cook about 10 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
- In a bowl, stir together the bread, cooked sausage, celery, onion, pineapple, cranberries, pecans, parsley, oregano, sage, salt and pepper.
- Pour into a lightly-greased 3-quart casserole dish; cover the casserole.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until heated through.
I am very very new to cooking, but this recipe caught my eye. I tried it out for Thanksgiving and everyone loved it!! I think I'll be making this every year :)
Very yummy, made this for Christmas this year and was liked by all, especially DS and DH. Really a meal in itself. Thanks so much for sharing.
I had to comment...after searching high and low for a new stuffing recipe I was rewarded with this unusual but sensational recipe!! All hail the stuffing Gods! Fantastic and tasty...Thanks!