Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Sweet and spicy, made with Splenda, in the crock pot.. Great for a party.
Make and share this Diabetic "sugar" and Spice Pecans (Crock Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb pecan halves
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Place pecans in crock pot and stir in the melted butter, coating the pecans thoroughly.
- Sprinkle the Splenda, cinnamon, ginger, and allspice over the pecans and stir again to coat.
- Cover the crock pot; set on high. Cook for 30 minutes; uncover, turn to low, and let cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
I had a good amount of fresh nuts left from Christmas and this lovely recipe seemed a perfect destiny for them. It's great! I used a mix of pecans, marcona almonds and broken walnuts. Think I'll use some in a winter apple salad and try not of munch the rest in a couple of days,really, I'm not kidding, I may have to get DH to stash half out in the garage or something. Thanks for sharing this one Mike :D
love this recipe. I make it over and over. Am making it now for Christmas gifts for my diabetic friends.
I made this for our Thanksgiving family gathering (my DH is the youngest of 11 kids) and asked for reviews. It was the easiest thing we made! Most who tasted it gave it a 3, but couple (both diabetic) gave it a 5. It needed a bit more kick, so next time I make it I'll add a bit of salt (1/2 - 1 tsp,) and maybe if I'm daring, a pinch of cayenne pepper. I don't know if Splenda cuts the heat like sugar, so I'll make it a small pinch!