You can also make this using cooked shrimp in place of crab and also imitation crab can be use for this, but the real crab is of coarse much better! This dip is best served with Ritz crackers. Your guests will rave when they taste this dip!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups finely chopped Velveeta cheese (or grated, about 1/2-pound)
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 -2 green onion, finely chopped (or use about 1/4 cup yellow onion, minced)
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional or to taste)
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen cooked crabmeat (thawed and squeeze out excess moisture)
- salt and pepper (optional)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter a large casserole dish.
- 3In a bowl mix all ingredients together until well blended, season with cayenne, salt and pepper if using.
- 4Transfer to casserole dish.
- 5Bake uncovered for about 45-60 minutes, or until the mixture is bubbling and the top is browned.
- 6Stir before serving.
- 7Serve with crackers.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Baked Crab Dip
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.4
- Calories from Fat 308
- Total Fat 34.2 g
- Saturated Fat 21.3 g
- Cholesterol 111.8 mg
- Sodium 671.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 14.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: