Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
You can also make this using cooked shrimp in place of crab and also imitation crab can be use for this, but the real crab is of coarse much better! This dip is best served with Ritz crackers. Your guests will rave when they taste this dip!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups finely chopped Velveeta cheese (or grated, about 1/2-pound)
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 -2 green onion, finely chopped (or use about 1/4 cup yellow onion, minced)
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional or to taste)
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen cooked crabmeat (thawed and squeeze out excess moisture)
- salt and pepper (optional)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a large casserole dish.
- In a bowl mix all ingredients together until well blended, season with cayenne, salt and pepper if using.
- Transfer to casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for about 45-60 minutes, or until the mixture is bubbling and the top is browned.
- Stir before serving.
- Serve with crackers.
Great recipe Kitten! I halved it and used imitation crab meat as I couldn't find any frozen and I didn't want to pay the high price of fresh. This truly was an excellent dip and I am thrilled to rate it first.