Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is in response to a recipe request...haven't tried it yet, but I definitely will soon.
Make and share this Easy Chicken Liver Pate recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb chicken liver
- 1 large onion, small dice
- 1 large golden delicious apple, unpeeled and small dice
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lb butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄3 cup sherry wine
- salt and pepper
- 2 hardboiled egg, small dice
- Rinse and drain chicken livers; place livers, butter, onions, apples and garlic in a large skillet and cook gently for 3-4 minutes; add all herbs, nutmeg and sherry; continue to cook gently until livers are done and apples are tender; season with salt& pepper to taste; add chopped hardboiled eggs and mix together; puree mixture in a food processor in 2 or 3 batches until you get a semi-smooth texture; this mixture will be somewhat watery but don't worry because the butter in the recipe will solidify after refrigeration; pack pate in container and refrigerate until use.
- Serve with assorted crackers, breads, pickled vegetables and cheeses.
This recipe was delicious, super easy to make. I used marsala instead of sherry wine and it turned out really, really tasty. It does make a lot, so next time I am going to divide the recipe in half.
This was very nice. I messed with the proportions, which made it probably blander than otherwise (used two eggs even though the rest of the ingredients were halved, and used only about a stick of butter). Not a huge pate fan myself in general, but my husband likes it a lot and has been using it as a sandwich spread all week. Thanks! (I normally don't rate recipes that I've changed substantially, but this one has no other ratings and deserves some stars!)