1/4 Photos of Easy One Tray Roasted Onions and Root Vegetables
1 hr 15 mins
French Tart's Note:
An easily pre-prepared Christmas vegetable side dish - or for any large festive or celebration gathering throughout the year - using vegetables in season. These roast away without hardly any attention & can be peeled & chopped up to 2 days before cooking & stored in a ziplock bag with the juice of one lemon squeezed over them. Use whatever root vegetables you have in season or that are available - this combination of vegetables is the one that works best for me. Adding garlic works well too, but be careful it does not overpower the flavour of the meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g baby carrots, cleaned & trimmed
- 453.59 g parsnip, trimmed & halved
- 907.18 g small floury potatoes, cubed
- 4 small red onions, peeled & quartered
- 59.16 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar
- 4.92 ml rock salt or 4.92 ml coarse sea salt
- freshy ground black pepper
- 14.79 ml fresh thyme leave
- fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1If pre-preparing the vegetables, clean, peel,trim them all EXCEPT the potatoes. Place in a ziplock bag & squeeze in the juice of one lemon. Add the balsamic vinegar & olive oil and seal tightly - store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. On the day, add your potatoes to the bag & coat thoroughly.
- 2For cooking on the same day, follow the above instructions but ADD the potatoes along with the other vegetables, cut them into small even-size pieces. Make sure the vegetables are thoroughly coated in oil & vinegar and leave to one side whilst the oven heats up.
- 3Preheat oven to 200 C, 400 F or gas 6.
- 4Put all the vegetables into a large roasting tray & tip in the oil & vinegar from the bag. Sprinkle generously with the thyme leaves, salt & freshly ground black pepper.
- 5Make a tent of aluminium foil over the vegetables & seal tightly.
- 6Roast for 30 minutes & then uncover and roast for a further 30 minutes. Give the vegetables a good stir half way through & just before serving.
- 7Tip the vegetables onto a platter and serve immediately, garnishing with fresh parsley & a sprig of fresh thyme.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy One Tray Roasted Onions and Root Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.5
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 93.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: