1/1 Photo of Easy Spinach-Bacon Tortilla Roll-Ups
6 hrs 7 mins
These are SOOO DELICIOUS! Perfect to serve at a get together or for a weekend snack. Plan ahead the stuffed tortillas must be chilled for about about 5 hours before slicing to firm up and blend the flavors. If you slice the rolls into about 3/4-inch slices you should get about 28-30 slices, this recipe can easily be doubled. Prep time includes chilling time. Just to let you know, I have even stuffed, rolled and sliced the tortillas then froze the slices until ready to be baked, it's a huge time-saver if you are serving them for a get together as everything is done in advance, there great to have handy in your freezer for a snack also. The water chestnuts are optional, I like to add them in!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 -8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic (optional)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (thawed and hand-squeezed dry)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt, can use less or 1/2 teaspoon white salt
- black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (to taste) (optional)
- 3 tablespoons water chestnuts, finely minced, to taste (optional)
- 3 (9 inch) flour tortillas
- 1Cook the spinach in boiling water for about 8-10 minutes; drain and place in a bowl to cool.
- 2When the spinach is cool enough to handle squeeze out any excess moisture with hands, then place in a large bowl.
- 3Add in all remaining ingredients with crumbled bacon except the tortillas; mix well to combine and adjust seasoned salt, pepper and cayenne to taste.`.
- 4Heat 1 tortilla in a large skillet over high heat until warm and pliable (about 1 minute per side).
- 5Spread 1/3 of the filling over the warmed tortilla leaving 1/2-inch border.
- 6Roll up tightly enclosing the filling.
- 7Wrap the roll in plastic wrap.
- 8Repeat with remaining 2 tortillas and filling, the cover each one with plastic wrap.
- 9Refrigerate the rolls for about 2 hours or up to 4 hours until the filling is very firm.
- 10Set oven to 400 degrees.
- 11Remove the plastic wrap, then slice off the uneven ends or the rolls.
- 12Slice the rolls crosswise on a slight diagonal into about 3/4-inch thick (at this point you can freeze the slices to bake at a later time).
- 13Arrange on a large baking sheet.
- 14Bake until heated through (about 7 minutes).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Spinach-Bacon Tortilla Roll-Ups
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 28
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 55.5
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 6.3 mg
- Sodium 95.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: