Prep 6 hrs
Cook 7 mins
These are SOOO DELICIOUS! Perfect to serve at a get together or for a weekend snack. Plan ahead the stuffed tortillas must be chilled for about about 5 hours before slicing to firm up and blend the flavors. If you slice the rolls into about 3/4-inch slices you should get about 28-30 slices, this recipe can easily be doubled. Prep time includes chilling time. Just to let you know, I have even stuffed, rolled and sliced the tortillas then froze the slices until ready to be baked, it's a huge time-saver if you are serving them for a get together as everything is done in advance, there great to have handy in your freezer for a snack also. The water chestnuts are optional, I like to add them in!
- 7 -8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic (optional)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (thawed and hand-squeezed dry)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt, can use less or 1⁄2 teaspoon white salt
- black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (to taste) (optional)
- 3 tablespoons water chestnuts, finely minced, to taste (optional)
- 3 (9 inch) flour tortillas
- Cook the spinach in boiling water for about 8-10 minutes; drain and place in a bowl to cool.
- When the spinach is cool enough to handle squeeze out any excess moisture with hands, then place in a large bowl.
- Add in all remaining ingredients with crumbled bacon except the tortillas; mix well to combine and adjust seasoned salt, pepper and cayenne to taste.`.
- Heat 1 tortilla in a large skillet over high heat until warm and pliable (about 1 minute per side).
- Spread 1/3 of the filling over the warmed tortilla leaving 1/2-inch border.
- Roll up tightly enclosing the filling.
- Wrap the roll in plastic wrap.
- Repeat with remaining 2 tortillas and filling, the cover each one with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate the rolls for about 2 hours or up to 4 hours until the filling is very firm.
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the plastic wrap, then slice off the uneven ends or the rolls.
- Slice the rolls crosswise on a slight diagonal into about 3/4-inch thick (at this point you can freeze the slices to bake at a later time).
- Arrange on a large baking sheet.
- Bake until heated through (about 7 minutes).
This recipe is a winner! I made this for the office Christmas party and everyone loved them!
I used a jalapeño tortilla wrap, and added some Parmesan cheese. I will most certainly be making these again!
I made these for a family get-together with my husband's family the week before Christmas. They were delicious! Everyone devoured them. They had a pretty presentation, and a delicious flavor. These are perfect for entertaining, or for enjoying for a light meal. Thanks again Kitten!
Fantabulouso, as my family exclaimed! Thanks for another winner, Kitten. I used 1/2 tsp garlic powder and 2 Tbs minced red onion in place of the scallions. Will make again